Volunteers of America-Greater New York Clinical Art Therapist (Brooklyn, NY) in Brooklyn, New York
THIS IS A PAID POSITION!
The Clinical Art Therapist delivers quality mental health services and programming associated with family violence to all residents and children, as well as provides direct clinical services to children and their families.
Master’s degree in art therapy, registered with the America Art Therapy Associate (ATR) and at least 3 years of clinical experience with at least 1 year working with traumatized children, adults and families. Supervisory experience preferred. Ability to manage a team, excellent clinical skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Work with children and parents, in groups, individually, and family sessions to address psychological and emotional consequences of family violence. Complete family intake with all residents to determine services needed.
- Works with case managers, other childcare staff and recreation staff to ensure coordinated delivery of services to families.
- Supervise childcare and recreation staff to ensure quality services are provided.
- Conduct staff meetings and ensures that staff are provided with training on clinical issues.
- Develop art therapy internship program, supervise intern by teaching, coaching, monitoring and evaluating educational and clinical interventions.
- Participate in bi-weekly clinical meetings and weekly intake meetings.
- Develop and update resource book by building contacts with the community to ensure that all resources met Volunteers of America standards of quality.
- Develop and implement current assessment tools for families and children that will serve to measure progress and produce outcomes.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Make a living by making a difference. Apply online today!
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Title: Clinical Art Therapist (Brooklyn, NY)
Job ID: NHS661
Program Name: New Hope Shelter
Location: Brooklyn, NY