Volunteers of America-Greater New York Case Manager in Brooklyn, New York
THIS IS A PAID POSITION!
The Case Manager is a key provider of services within Volunteers of America’s Case Management Model. The Case Manager works with the client to assess their strengths and needs, plan a course of action, link the client to services, counsel the client and monitor progress. S/he must assure that clients receive appropriate, competent and professional information and advice, referrals and advocacy services to achieve successful outcomes. May include supervision of direct care staff.
- Manage the client intake and assessment process to orient the client to the program and produce a comprehensive assessment of client service needs.
- Develop with the client a mutually agreed-upon individual service plan reflecting assessment findings goals. Update the plan with the client as required.
- Meet regularly with the client to assist him/her in obtaining needed services/benefits to achieve their individual service plan goals. Provide supportive counseling to strengthen his/her ability to make appropriate life decisions.
- Document case management activities in accordance with agency and funder guidelines and procedures. Collect service data and participate in evaluation and quality assurance activities.
- Perform related tasks as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree or 60 college credits plus two years relevant experience. The position also requires a demonstrated ability in verbal and written communication, including basic computer skills.
Make a living by making a difference. Apply online today!
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Title: Case Manager
Job ID: ENY414
Program Name: East New York
Location: Brooklyn, NY