ICL Biller in Brooklyn, New York
Bills insurance companies and other payers (Medicaid, Medicare, self-payers) for all billable services provided. Pursues collection of all claims until payment is made. Responsible for Medicaid medical insurance billing and follow-ups.
- Prepares and submits initial Medicare and Medicaid bills either electronically or by hard copy submission
- Reviews and confirms that appropriate billing documentation has been obtained, including authorizations and Certificates of Medical Necessity (CMNs) as required.
- Secures medical documentation required by payors.
- Runs assigned daily billing reports to determine account needs and updates files with current billing information.
- Maintains knowledge of Medicaid and Medicare guidelines and applies that knowledge to billing as required by individual contracts.
- Understands Medicaid, Medicare and Insurance billing, including coordination of benefits.
- Works collaboratively with clinical staff and other staff to ensure that correct diagnosis/procedures are reported to Medicaid, Medicare and third party insurance carriers.
- Processes rejections by either making accounts private or generating a letter of rejection to patient or correct any billing error and resubmitting claims to third party insurance carriers.
- Works with physician or medical record staff to ensure that correct diagnosis/procedures are reported to third party insurance carriers.
- Monitors electronic transmission of claims to avoid delay in processing. Check and balance all claims were loaded and file was received.
- Identifies monitors and corrects rejected electronic and paper claims and follows up until claim is paid.
- Works with Supervisor to maintain accuracy of reference materials and implementation of new billing codes and fee schedules.
- Multi-tasks in various computer applications to gather billing and collection information.
- Verifies data entry to ensure accuracy of imported/keyed data.
- Works unbilled revenue reports to verify pending claims and bring them closure.
- Reconciles open accounts to clearly establish client responsibility.
- Performs related duties as required or as assigned by Supervisor.
Other responsibilities as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, preferably including coursework in bookkeeping and business. Post-high school courses in Medicare/Medicaid billing, data processing, medical terminology or accounting highly desirable
- AA Degree preferred but not required
- One year of Medical Billing/Collections experience or other insurance billing
- Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and Managed Care guidelines
- Good analytical skills and a high degree of accuracy
- Proficiency in Windows environment, with emphasis on Word and Excel
- Ability to become proficient with EHR software
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with ICD-10 codes (diagnosis codes) and CPT codes (billing codes)
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.
Position Number: AP551501
Job Locations: US-NY-BrooklynUS-NY-Brooklyn
Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Maximum Salary: USD $14.90/Hr.