Good Shepherd Services Assistant Program Director - Compass @ P.S. 32 in Brooklyn, New York
Good Shepherd Services is a leading youth development, education and family service agency with more than 85 programs that serve over 30,000 children, youth and families each year. We give vulnerable youth in New York City the opportunity to take ownership of their future. Voted one of the top 100 places to work in NYC by Crain’s New York, Good Shepherd Services offers a fantastic work environment, a collaborative team dedicated to fulfilling our mission, and an amazing array of benefits. Join our team and help make a difference!
Are you looking to make a difference in a child’s life? Do you love helping people reach their full potential? Do you want to feel good about the job you are doing? If you answered yes to all these questions then we want you to join our team! We are looking for a dynamic and compassionate Assistant Program Directorresponsible for providing assistance to the Program Director in the supervision and management of the entire COMPASS @ P.S. 32 program. The Assistant Program Director will directly manage systems related to the collection and implementation of program data to ensure that program success can be achieved.
Reports to: PROGRAM DIRECTOR, COMPASS @ P.S. 32
Location: 317 Hoyt Street Brooklyn NY 11217
Hours: 35 Hours/Week; Exempt
• Supports the Program Director by providing overall leadership and supervision of COMPASS @ P.S. 32, including acting as the Program Director in his/her absence.
• Manages the collection, processing and entering of all program data including attendance collection, attendance entry, attendance monitoring (RoP), medical logs, fire drills, permit applications, meal applications, and other compliance documentation.
• Designs and leads student recruitment, registration, admissions and retention systems, including maintaining student files for inspection by NYC DYCD, DOHMH and other governmental organizations.
• Manages all personnel documentation including timesheet processing, lesson plans, and clearance documents.
• Manages the organization of the office, program supplies, petty cash/check requests and resources including inventory and supply orders.
• Directly supervises Learning-To-Work (LTW) and other program interns.
• Assists the Program Director in the supervision of Instructors, Group Leaders and Program Aides.
• Assists the Program Director in the development and implementation of all program activities for after school, holiday programming and scheduling including special events.
• Coordinates the collection of summary and statistical information as requested.
• Assists in providing crisis intervention and assistance to students in need.
• Assists the Program Director in leading staff meetings and facilitating professional development sessions.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor Degree required.
• Prior supervisory experience required. Supervisory experience in a youth program highly preferred.
• Exceptional communication and organization skills required.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook and Excel.
• Must have a commitment to work from a strength based and/or youth development perspective.
All staff are expected to be committed to the mission, vision, and values of Good Shepherd Services, which includes involvement in quality improvement activities and a willingness and ability to work within a culturally diverse environment.
Good Shepherd Services is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, participants, volunteers, subcontractors, and vendors. We do not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services.
Job Title: Assistant Program Director - Compass @ P.S. 32
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 09/11/2017
Requisition ID: 2417