National Grid Analyst (Associate/Senior), Controllership, US Finance in Brooklyn, New York
About the Position:
Finance Operations, Analyst Controllership, Rhode Island (RI) supports the accounting functions. Reconciles accounts. Captures accounting transactions using financial systems.Responsible for identifying and remediating accounting discrepancies to produce accurate and credible financial information for the RI jurisdiction. Reports to the Manager, Controller - RI and supports accounting transactions within the jurisdiction.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
* Assists in the review of accounting transactions to produce accurate and credible financial data for RI.
* Enters data to support the month-end for RI.
* Books accruals to ensure proper account reconciliations and accurate reporting.
* Assists in the preparation of financial statements and obtains sign-off to ensure timely submission for Reporting.
* Supports implementation of policies, internal controls, accounting standards and procedures to drive performance.
* Supports the review of accounting and reconciliation to identify discrepancies and produce accurate and credible data.
* Reviews accrual activities and performs reconciles plant transactions.
* Reviews accounting transactions and identifies manual accruals to ensure allocation to appropriate accounts for accurate and credible data.
* Performs balance sheet / income statement QA.
* Supports month-end accounting close process by reviewing accounting transactions for accuracy.
* Responsible for completing month-end accounting review activities to ensure timely filing and account for any variances in PowerPlan and SAP.
Knowledge and Experience Required:
* Bachelor Degree in Accounting
* Knowledge of accounting systems.
* Understanding of US GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley and IFRS.
* Understanding of utility service business activities and projects.
* Utility industry accounting.
* Experience reviewing and resolving data discrepancies.
This position is one of National Grid's career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.