Catholic Charities Brooklyn and Queens ADMINISTRATION SPECIALIST in Brooklyn, New York
The Administration Specialist is accountable to the Vice President of Early Childhood Services. As a member of the administrative support team for Early Childhood Services, the Administration Specialist supports the management team for Early Childhood Services by working with the Vice President, Policy Council, Directors, Managers and Resource Assistants to insure that standard and uniform reporting procedures for this division are developed and consistently utilized by all of the Early Childhood Programs. Responsible for monitoring and maintaining current documents related to State, Federal and City contract renewal and budgets; organizing and maintaining databases related to critical information required in Early Childhood Services and following procedures for implementing systems for tracking required documents and pertinent contracts; coordinating ECS individual program budgets, completing Program Information Reporting data (PIR) liaising with Social Services Manager, DOFO’s and funding sources such as (Administration for Children’s Services, Administration for Children and Family EarlyLearn, and Department Of Education), CCNS, Early Childhood programs and centrally located support departments (e.g. Financial Services, Human Resources, Acct. Payable, etc). In addition responsible for the development and management of the Fatherhood Initiative with the Social Service Manager for the enhancement of the growth and further development of ECS Fatherhood Initiative services in general. This highly visible leader will be adept at relationship building, program development and have an entrepreneurial spirit that thrives on change and growth. Also, he/she is responsible for collecting and aggregating data to generate monthly management reports for review and appropriate action by the management team and other stakeholders in the agency (e.g. CCNS Board, Senior Vice President and management). Works closely with ECS Team to ensure fiscal and contractual compliance (i.e. line of service is always “audit ready” and “review ready”). In addition this position is classified as confidential and is involved in the labor relations process as a recorder.
* Prepares, tracks and monitors HR vacancy request; monitors Labor Distributions, lease Agreements, and cost Allocations.
* Organizes and schedules meetings/ appointments as per Vice President.
* Produces and disseminates correspondence memos, letters, faxes, and forms.
* Attend fiscal, Program Management and Team meetings.
* In conjunction with the Vice President, monitors line of service budgets to ensure timely spending of funds.
* Collaborates with ECS Management team to obtain required information for funding sources, agency, and other external entities.
* Responds to all requests for staff and program information specifically related to program information and demographics for agency brochures and Diocesan publications and community assessments.
* Coordinates and monitors time sensitive materials and advises administration of deadlines.
* In collaboration with the ECS management team, reviews and maintains updated Program Policy and Procedure Manual, Written plans, Self-Assessments and Community Needs Assessment.
* In collaboration with the ECS team and Resource Assistants, aggregates collected data from the different sources to generate reports for strategic planning and program improvement.
* In collaboration with the Resource Assistants, develops standardized and uniform centralized systems and procedures for all data collection and submission timelines, ensuring accuracy and consistency.
* Indentifies and reports any Agency inefficiencies that negatively impact on service line ability to provide service and function in an efficient and professional manner.
* Reports to Vice President any programmatic issues that may have a negative impact on the reputation of the Agency, client, and/or staff welfare or any corporate compliance issue.
* Provides an oversight of federal, state and agency regulations, program policies, rules and procedures; train/educate staff (both ECS Office and ECS Program Staff) on necessary paperwork/data collection
* Participate in agency wide groups and meetings as required
* Evaluating progress of work flow in Early Childhood Service Office including audit/review Resource Assistants work for accuracy discuss the indicative impressions and identification of issues, discuss plan of action/strategies related to the concern, review the plan of action, track and evaluate progress of work, give guidance/advice based on regulations and best practices
* Teaches new skills or provides re-training to ECS Office Staff and Program Staff when necessary
* Participates and coordinates Special projects as assigned (e.g. Request For Proposals, Grants, Surveys etc.)
* Assist with the applications for obtaining funding as needed. This may include specific grants, obtaining information from programs, replying to questions and writing responses.
* Assist VP with staff attendance, accruals, request for time off and Dayforce system
* Assists with tracking and securing outcomes documentation from all programs in service line.
* Participates in and contributes to RFP activities, strategic planning, re-accreditation process and program development.
* Participates in internal and external audits (i.e. responds to requests from the auditors for program information).
* Assists in developing and maintaining corrective action plans related to audit and/or quality assurance activities.
* Supervising Resource Assistants and serving as a back-up, when necessary to provide clerical support (including check request), phone/front desk coverage, report preparation and technical assistance, etc.
* Fosters opportunities for staff to understand the meaning of their work within the context of Early Childhood Services and the meaning and impact of the administrative function in relationship to the service of Children and Families.
* Ensures that all interactions are intentional in achieving goals set by ECS Vice President
* Asks questions that encourage details about professional goals, workflow and any emerging issues/change
* Work collaboratively with the community to build enrollment and sustain retention;
* Fosters the reflective process and acts as a role model for the Resource Assistant and program staff
* Advises and explains rules and policies to ECS Office staff as needed
* Attends and participates in periodic team meetings as well as attends off-site meetings and Agency Committees as requested.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration
* High School Diploma +10 years’ experience in high paced work environment may be considered in lieu of required degree,
* Prior Administrative experience in an Early Childhood Environment.
* 5 years’ professional administrative experience in a high paced work environment, preferably the community services/non-profit sector.
* Excellent administrative and organizational skills, very detailed oriented, excellent time management skills, and prior experience in managing projects.
* Excellent time management, including ability to work independently and efficiently, manage multiple projects, and set priorities in a busy and varied work environment.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to create computerized “user friendly” program documents, “trouble shoot” and resolve issues, exercise initiative to create and implement systems to facilitate efficiency and to explain processes and procedures to staff.
* Proficient in computer software applications, specifically, Excel, Microsoft Office, ACCESS and Acrobat.
* Must have the ability to know when to act and when to refer and applies the integration of logic and reason in approaches to problem solving
* Ability to meet deadlines including follow-up/follow-through with assignments and directives.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Ability to travel, when necessary, to multiple locations such as program sites in Brooklyn and Queens
* Occasional standing, walking, stooping, bending, & kneeling.
* Frequent sitting for long periods of time.
* Ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, & office equipment.
* Ability to read printed material and computer screens.