Children's Rescue Fund Safety Supervisor in Bronx, New York
The Safety Supervisor is directly responsible for managing a shift with 3 to 4 Safety Monitors on duty per tour, as well as monitoring all activities to ensure safety in the physical plant and civility amongst tenants, visitors and staff. He / She will work in close association with Administration, Social Services, Child Care and Maintenance to resolve security related issues.
1. Manages staff of 3 to 4 Safety Monitors.
2. Trains Safety Monitors in security measures and recommends changes in procedures/equipment to the CRF - Cluster Model Director of Building Operations and / or the Regional Director of Operations.
3. Implements Fire Prevention and other safety measures; must qualify for the appropriate Fire Safety Certification.
4. Must be certified for First Aid and CPR Certification.
5. Be available to rotate shifts at Director of Building Operations discretion, and/or as
needs of the business require.
6. Must be trained in “Conflict Intervention”, and have the ability to train Safety
Monitors on his/her tour.
7. Oversee and train the operations/security department in compliance with DHS
Client Assistance and Re-housing System (CARES) regarding Intake Check-in,
Conditional Intake Review, and procedures as it relates to the capturing of Client
Signatures, and submission of the Daily / Nightly Attendance Roster.
8. Serve as a Super User in the DHS CARES System to assist the social service staff in trouble-shooting problems in the system.
9. Assist in the transferring clients in and out of the program, when required.
10. Must be available for mandatory overtime, when required.
1. Conduct daily audit of both the Safety Monitor’s Desk Log and the Supervisor’s Log for accuracy and content.
2. Prepares/Conducts Employee Appraisal Evaluations in a timely and thorough
3. Prepares and audits Incident / Accident Reports.
4. Maintain and schedule vans daily usage.
5. Prepares written reports as required by the Regional Director.
Two (2) years of Supervisory experience in commercial/residential security or law enforcement; or
Five (5) years experience as a Private/Personal Security Officer.
A degree/certification in Criminal Justice/Security a plus.
Must have good communication skills, experience working with women and children.
Must successfully complete background investigation.
Must possess a valid New York State Driver’s License and required to drive Agency Vehicle.