Cayuga Centers Case Aide in Bronx, New York
Invite a friend
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:To support staff in supervising, transporting, and communicating with program youth as assigned.
- Transport youth as assigned
- Respectfully communicate with children, foster parents, and colleagues.
- Assist team during case emergencies.
- Pick up or deliver possessions as assigned.
- Accompany youth to appointments as needed.
- Assist within the Cayuga Centers tutoring program as needed.
- Assist with the intake process as needed.
- Assist with case documentation as needed.
- Supervise youth as assigned.
- Shopping as assigned.
- Must handle confidential material in a responsible manner.
- Attend required training.
- Read required books.
- Responsible for complying with rules and regulations governing access to Protected Health Information under HIPAA. Access to Protected Health Information is limited to the extent required to perform responsibilities effectively and efficiently. No access will be permitted unnecessarily. These essential job functions dictate the level of access, use, and disclosure of confidential information.
- Perform other duties as requested by your immediate supervisor or the Chief Executive Officer.
Experience and Skills:
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience preferred;
- 1-year experience working with families and children required.
- NYC ACS or private agency child welfare experience preferred.
- Experience working in a busy human services office– strongly preferred.
- Ability to work well with people from many cultures including recent immigrants, non-English speakers, and LGBTQ children.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook applications
- Valid NYS Driver’s License required.
- Vehicle preferred: Must be safe and dependable.
- Ability to travel to other agency locations as required. Willingness and ability to drive a car or van within the 5 boroughs of New York City, Long Island, counties North of the city.
HOURS PER WEEK: Non-Exempt
- Regular hours entail 9:00am-5:00pm, Monday - Friday, must be flexible to meet program needs. Must be available to work afternoons, evenings and weekends.
As a full time benefits position, staff is eligible to enroll in medical, dental, vision, FSA, supplemental life insurance, critical illness, enhanced short-term disability, and 401(k) benefits.
Job Tracking ID: 512690-594596
Job Location: Bronx, NY
Job Level: Entry Level (less than 2 years)
Level of Education: High School/GED
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Date Updated: October 12, 2017
Years of Experience: Up to 2 Years
Starting Date: ASAP